Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 9 to 11 minutes | Serves: 4
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
4 hamburger buns split
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
4 leaves of butter lettuce
16 dill pickle chips
1½ pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
2 tablespoons minced onion
1 tablespoon ketchup
1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine all the patty ingredients in a medium bowl, and then make the mixture into 8 patties of equal size, about 1-inch thick. Make a shallow indentation about 1-inch-wide in the center of each patty, and then chill them in the refrigerator.
2. Prepare the Traeger grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400 degrees F/ 200 degrees C to 500 degrees F/ 260 degrees C).
3. Season the patties with salt and black pepper on both sides. Spread the cut side of the buns with butter.
4. Grill the patties on the clean grill grate for 9 to 11 minutes with the lid closed until they have an internal temperature of 160 degrees F/ 70 degrees C, turning them halfway through.
5. Place one cheese slice on each patty to melt them when there are 30 seconds or 1 minute left.
6. Place a lettuce leaf, a patty, ketchup (optional), and four pickle chips on each bread to assemble a burger. Enjoy.
Per serving: Calories 564; Total fat 10.1g; Sodium 366mg; Total Carbs 64g; Fiber 16.4g; Sugars 5.8g; Protein