Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes | Serves: 5-6
6 small red potatoes, or baby Dutch yellow potatoes
¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, cut into 12 (tablespoon-size) slices
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons freshly black pepper
8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
½ cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley
Sour cream, for serving
1. Prick the potatoes with a fork and microwave on high power for 2 to 3 minutes. They should still be firm. Remove and let them cool.
2. Halve the potatoes and scoop out the centers, leaving enough potato to keep the sides and bottom intact. Discard the extra potato or save for another use.
3. Place a pat of butter in the center of each potato shell.
4. Stir the chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, bacon, and scallion in a bowl.
5. Top each potato with some of this mixture and sprinkle on the Cheddar. Set the potatoes on a smoker rack and smoke for 1½ hours until tender.
6. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with sour cream.
Per serving: Calories 223; Total fat 1.4g; Sodium 734mg; Total Carbs 42.5g; Fiber 2.6g; Sugars 2g; Protein 8.2g