Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
8 lamb loin chops, each about 1¼ inches thick
Extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup mint
1 cup parsley leaves and
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped shallot
1 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed
1garlic clove, chopped
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Add the mint, parsley, lemon zest and juice, shallot, capers, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes to a food processor, and pulse them to chop roughly.
2. When a chunky salsa forms, slowly add the oil while the machine is operating. To prevent discoloration, transfer the mixture to a suitable bowl, then cover the bowl with plastic sheet, pressing it firmly against the surface, and leave at room temperature.
3. Rub the chops with oil and season with black pepper and salt.
4. Let the chops leave at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
5. Prepare the Traeger grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C to 450 degrees F/ 230 degrees C).
6. Grill the chops for 8 to 10 minutes (medium rare) with the lid closed or until cooked to your desired doneness, turning them once halfway through.
7. Let the dish rest for 3 to 5 minutes after grilling, and then serve them with the salsa on top.
Per Serving: Calories 348; Total fat 11.1g; Sodium 139mg; Total Carbs 7.9g; Fiber 3g; Sugars 1.6g; Protein 52.8g