Serves: 2 – 3
For jerk chicken seasoning:
½ tablespoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon pepper
½ tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground all-spice
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon sea salt
For the chicken bowls:
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
½ red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch chunks
¼ cup chopped pineapple
½ pound chicken breasts
2 ½ cups cauliflower rice
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/8 cup canned or cooked black beans (optional)
½ avocado, peeled, pitted, cut into cubes
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Add dried thyme, paprika, ginger, cayenne pepper, pepper, brown sugar, all-spice, cinnamon, cloves,
and salt into a bowl and stir well.
3. Brush some oil over the chicken. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the chicken and massage the
seasonings into the chicken.
4. Keep the chicken in a baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the
meat shows 165° F on the meat thermometer.
5. Pour about ½ teaspoon of oil into a pan and let it heat over medium heat. When oil is hot, add
cauliflower rice and cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Remove the cauliflower rice into a bowl.
7. Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add onion and bell pepper when the oil is hot and cook until slightly
8. Turn off the heat. Slice the baked chicken.
9. To assemble: Divide cauliflower rice into 2 – 3 bowls. Divide the chicken among the bowls. Place bell
pepper and onion mixture over the chicken. Scatter pineapple, black beans, and avocado on top and