Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Serves: 4-6
1½ pounds carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Fill your Traeger Smoker with wood pellets and follow the manufacturer’s specific start-up procedure. Preheat the grill to 350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C with the lid closed.
2. Set the carrot halves in a suitable bowl, and add the olive oil, black pepper and salt, mix them to coat the carrots well.
3. Set the carrots directly on the grill grate, close the lid, and cook them for 20 minutes.
4. While the carrots cook, mix the butter and brown sugar in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 25 seconds.
5. After 20 minutes, use a basting to baste the carrots with the brown sugar butter.
6. Cook them for 20 minutes more, or until the carrots are soft when pierced with a fork.
7. Remove the carrots from the grill and serve.
Per Serving: Calories 275; Total fat 2.2g; Sodium 486mg; Total Carbs 27.3g; Fiber 0.4g; Sugars 17.5g; Protein 16.3g