Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves: 6
1 flank steak, 1½ to 2 pounds and ¾-inch thick
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
1 can (15 ounces) of black beans
1 cup seeded, chopped tomatoes
½ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
⅓ cup chopped red onion
⅓ cup sliced scallions
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Mix all the rub ingredients in a bowl.
2. Thoroughly all the salad ingredients and ¾ teaspoon of the rub in a separate bowl. Set aside at room temperature, let leave for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours to meld the flavors.
3. Coat the steak with oil and season with the remaining rub. Let the steak leave at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Prepare the Traeger grill for direct cooking over high heat (450 degrees F/ 230 degrees C to 550 degrees F/ 290 degrees C).
5. Grill the steak with the hood closed for 10 minutes (medium rare) or until cooked to your desired doneness, turning once halfway through.
6. When grilled, remove the steak from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
7. Season the salad with black pepper and salt. 8. Slice the steak and serve over salad.
Per serving: Calories 452; Total fat 29.3g; Sodium 3091mg; Total Carbs 3.2g; Fiber 0.8g; Sugars 1.3g; Protein