Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 13 minutes | Serves: 4
8 slices of sourdough bread, each about ½ inch thick
Extra-virgin olive oil
1½ cups baby spinach leaves
8 slices tomato
¾ cup crumbled blue or feta cheese
2 pounds of ground lamb
⅓ cup minced red onion
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley leaves
2 tablespoons chopped oregano leaves
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1. Mix all the patty ingredients in a medium bowl, and then shape the mixture into 8 patties of equal size, about 1- inch thick. Make a shallow indentation about 1-inch-wide in the center of each patty, and then chill the patties in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
2. Prepare the Traeger grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C to 450 degrees F/ 230 degrees C).
3. Lightly brush the bread slices with oil on both sides.
4. Grill the patties on the clean grill grate for 10 to 13 minutes with the lid closed until they have an internal temperature of 160 degrees F/ 70 degrees C, turning them halfway through.
5. Toast the bread slices on the grill grate when there are 30 seconds or 1 minute left, turning them once.
6. Build a burger on each toasted bread slice with some spinach, 2 tomato slices, one patty, and some cheese. Serve warm.
Per serving: Calories 487; Total fat 13.5g; Sodium 293mg; Total Carbs 42.6g; Fiber 20.7g; Sugars 2.9g; Protein 47.4g