3 tablespoons brown rice
½ tablespoon olive oil
½ medium zucchini, thinly sliced
¼ cup sliced mushrooms
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ can (from a 4 ounces can) diced green chilies
1 cup shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
½ cup vegetable broth
1 small onion, diced
8 ounces cooked, skinless, boneless chicken breast
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
½ can (from a 15 ounces can) black beans, drained, rinsed
¼ cup shredded carrots
A pinch of salt or to taste
1. Add broth and rice into a small pot. Place the pot over medium heat. When the mixture starts boiling, turn the heat to low heat and cook covered until rice is cooked.
2. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
3. Prepare a small casserole dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
4. Pour oil into a skillet and let it heat over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add onion and cook until soft.
5. Add chicken, zucchini, mushrooms, cumin, and cayenne pepper and mix well. Heat thoroughly.
6. Meanwhile, add rice, beans, carrots, chilies, and ½ cup Swiss cheese into a bowl and mix well.
7. Add the chicken mixture and mix well. Spread the mixture into the casserole dish.
8. Scatter remaining Swiss cheese on top. Keep the dish covered loosely with foil.
9. Place the dish in the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes.
10. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or light brown on top.