Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 11 minutes | Serves: 4
8 slices bacon
4 slices of cheddar cheese
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 Kaiser rolls split
Salt and black pepper
8 tomato slices
1½ pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
¼ cup chopped yellow onion
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1. Mix all the patty ingredients in a medium bowl, and then make the mixture into 8 patties of equal size, about 1- inch thick. Make a shallow indentation about 1-inch-wide in the center of each patty, and then chill the patties in the refrigerator.
2. Fry the bacon slices in the skillet over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes until crisp, turning them occasionally. Drain the bacon slices with paper towels, reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat, keep or discard the remaining fat.
3. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400 degrees F/ 200 degrees C to 500 degrees F/ 260 degrees C).
4. Grill the patties on the clean grill grate for 9 to 11 minutes with the lid closed until they have an internal temperature of 160 degrees F/ 70 degrees C, turning them halfway through.
5. Place one cheese slice on each patty when there are 30 seconds or 1 minute left, grill them until the cheese are melted.
6. Heat the reserved 2 tablespoons bacon fat in the skillet over medium heat; add the eggs, adjust the heat to medium-low, and cook the eggs for 2 minutes until the whites are just firm and opaque and the yolks have begun to thicken.
7. Flip the eggs and resume cooking for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the yolks are cooked but still slightly runny. 8. Make a burger on each bun with 2 tomato slices, 2 bacon slices, a patty, and an egg. Enjoy.
Per serving: Calories 319; Total fat 11.7g; Sodium 1026mg; Total Carbs 5.2g; Fiber 0g; Sugars 5.2g; Protein 45.7g