Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 1 hr. 15 minutes | Serves: 4
4 bell peppers, tops removed, cored, and seeded
½ pound ground beef
½ pound ground sausage
1 onion, diced
1 poblano chili, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
1 (14-ounce) can tomato paste
1½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1. Set the peppers in a disposable aluminum pan, wrapping them at the base with aluminum foil rings, if necessary, to keep them stable.
2. Fill your Traeger Smoker with wood pellets and follow the manufacturer’s specific start-up procedure. Preheat the grill to 350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C with the lid closed.
3. Brown the ground beef and ground sausage for 7 minutes in a suitable skillet over medium-high heat, drain off the fat and crumble the meat.
4. Stir the onion, poblano chili, tomato paste, 1 cup of Cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic into the meat, mixing well.
5. Stuff the bell peppers in the aluminum pan with the meat mixture.
6. Set the pan on the grill, close the lid, and smoke for 1 hour.
7. Top the stuffed bell peppers with the remaining cheese and continue smoking with the hood closed for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat.
8. Serve hot.
Per Serving: Calories 314; Total fat 8.7g; Sodium 337mg; Total Carbs 21.2g; Fiber 4.1g; Sugars 16g; Protein 37.9g