Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes | Serves: 4
4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
¼ cup canola oil
2 tablespoons table salt
½ cup (1 stick) butter
4 Serrano peppers, seeded and sliced
1 cup Glazed Spiced Pecans, chopped
1 tablespoon sea salt
¼ cup honey
1. At 250 degrees F/ 120 degrees C, preheat your Traeger Smoker with the pecan wood.
2. Coat the sweet potatoes with the oil and table salt.
3. Slice into the sweet potatoes, all the way across, making your cuts about ½ inch apart, and being careful not to cut all the way through the bottom of the sweet potato.
4. Set the sweet potatoes on a grill pan and put it into the smoker. Smoke them for 1 hour, then remove from the heat.
5. Place a pat of butter between each slice.
6. Stuff Serrano slices and pecans between the slices.
7. Sprinkle well with the sea salt and drizzle with the honey, getting it between the slices.
8. Smoke the food for 30 to 40 minutes more and remove from the smoker when the potatoes pass the squeeze test.
Per serving: Calories 270; Total fat 6.7g; Sodium 829mg; Total Carbs 40.2g; Fiber 4.7g; Sugars 1.5g; Protein 12g